Send your resume to C2FOApply now
Managing Director, Business Development
C2FO is the global market for working capital and risk-free profit. The C2FO market is the only working capital exchange that allows companies to optimize their working capital positions in a live, bid/ask environment. Companies across the globe use C2FO to increase their gross and net profit while simultaneously producing vital Early Cash Flow Delivery (ECFD) to their supply chain. C2FO is Collaborative Cash Flow Optimization.
We are currently looking for a talented, ambitious, and well-networked Executive who will succeed as a critical member of the C2FO team. We are a fast-paced start-up SaaS company that has successfully created an innovative new market for working capital. We are seeking a candidate who has the desire to be a part of one of the premiere B-to-B financial technology start-ups. We are changing the way companies manage their cash and working capital. Our current clients include Costco, Walgreens, BNSF and others. If you are ready to help build a business and have the appropriate experience and skills then please reach out to us.
The Managing Director, Business Development role will be located in Kansas City, KS, or Boston, MA, and will report directly to the EVP of Global Business Development and have regular interaction with the CEO. The role is dedicated to finding introductions and managing a sales cycle amongst senior finance executives at Fortune 1000 companies.
- Identify new client opportunities at Fortune 1000 companies. Engage with the CFO, Treasurer and senior finance executives within these corporations.
- Manage the sales cycle from prospect to new client.
- Develop strong relationships and identify prospect needs at all decision-making levels.
- Establish and maintain a strong understanding of the Pollenware C2FO solution.
- Turn client feedback into actionable strategies to drive new business and address competitive risks.
- Influence client decisions and advocate for client needs to negotiate win-win solutions.
- Work closely with various functional teams including Product Development, Account Management and Project Management teams to ensure seamless implementation and effective ongoing account growth.
- Collaborate effectively across teams and create an atmosphere of trust and open communication.
- Engage with our channel partners and various subject matter experts to drive sales opportunities.
- Travel to client meetings as needed.
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
- A minimum of 10-15 years of sales/client origination experience in the financial sector, preferably with relationships into CFOs and Treasurers at manufacturing companies.
- Experience negotiating large strategic deals including all phases of client development: prospecting, proposal development, negotiation and ongoing relationship management.
- Have intellectual agility and an entrepreneurial mindset; demonstrates drive, initiative, energy and sense of urgency in acquiring and serving clients.
- Experience and the know-how to work in a start-up, fast paced technology environment.
- Aptitude for qualitative and quantitative data analysis and an acumen for financial management concepts, especially as it relates to supply chain finance and financial accounting.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of financial operating metrics, short term cash management investment vehicles, and working capital best practices.
- Ability to learn and absorb new products quickly and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands.
- Strong understanding of the SaaS business model for solutions delivery.
- Confident presentation skills, and must have ‘presence’ in front of the C-suite customer with the communications skills to articulate a value proposition to a wide range of organizational and functional levels.
- Strong rolodex of Fortune 1000 customers that trust your ability to bring them products that add immediate value to their organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- MBA strongly preferred.
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest growing young financial technology companies and build something from the ground up. The position includes an excellent compensation package (commensurate with experience), equity ownership, Health Benefits, 401K and more. Travel required.